Monday, August 4, 2008

John 1:29-34

This morning I almost let Satan have the victory.  He almost kept me from digging into God's word.  But almost is as close as he came.  After hitting the snooze button about 5 times, getting distracted by a pile of mail I needed to get in the mailbox, hearing the phone ring as I walked back into the house, and then hearing Caleb's tiny little knock on his bedroom door, begging to get out...I finally sat down and dug in!

I began this morning's dig with a prayer.  I asked for the Spirit to guide me to a passage, help me decipher it, and then apply it to my own life.  It was after this prayer that I succumbed to the last 3 distractions I mentioned before.  Satan sure does have good timing for his purposes!

So, I embarked on my randomly chosen passage.

" The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!  This is the one I meant when I said, 'A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'  I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel."
Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.  I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, 'The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.'  I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God."

My Word from God:
  1. I will testify to the secrets of God that have been revealed to me.  Things I learn through studying the Bible or through experience in life.
  2. I will confess my sins on a daily basis. Taken from "Lamb of God" (vs. 29)--Before Christ, sins were atoned twice daily, once in the morning, and once in the evening.  This was done by the sacrifice of a pure lamb.  With Christ as my pure lamb, I too should confess my sin on a daily basis because Christ is my daily sacrifice for sin.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Awesome, girlie. :-)