Thursday, October 30, 2008

Isaiah 53:5

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;  the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

I can hardly read this verse without singing the song that is based on these words.

Here is what I know to be true, for God's word is true:

I am healed.  I may not act like I am healed.  I may continue to walk right back into the sin that I am healed from.  But I am healed.  Because of Jesus, I am healed.  I strive to act as though I know these words to be true.  

My current sin is the sin of negativity.  I find that I have been looking on situations with a critical eye, refusing to see things as God would see them.  Refusing to see things through the Holy Spirit that I have been blessed with.   May I unplug my hears, wipe my eyes clear, and start seeing things from the positive side!

1 comment:

Lauralee Beth said...

Thats really beautiful stuff. really well written. Really true. Well I was just checking out new blogs and i really like yours. feel free to come check out mine if youd like