Sunday, October 5, 2008

Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for you souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

These are the words of Jesus.  And I need these words tonight.  I feel physically tired, mentally spent, and emotionally tested.  Each for it's own reason.  

Today has been a whirlwind of commitments leaving me in need of deep, fulfilling sleep tonight.  This week has been a heavy load of study in Exodus for BSF and for another Bible study with ladies from church.  I procrastinated the bulk of my lesson prep for tomorrow and had to buckle down tonight to finish it, leaving me in need of mental revival in the morning.  Jadie and I continue to face stressful family stresses leaving me emotionally tested and in need of wisdom for how to love without condoning and stand firm without condemning a family member.

I also pray this Scripture verse over a friend who needs this truth spoken over her life as well.