Monday, October 27, 2008

1 Peter 2:4-5

"As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

***Sovereignty of God Alert***
I ran across this verse as I searched for background information about 1 Peter 2:9-10.  It's CRAZY how God calls a single thing to my attention twice in just a few days.  This verse is, I believe, the verse that my friend Amy used as the basis for the middle name of her newest baby boy: Stone.  So, today is the second trip to these verses.

1. I am being constantly changed into the person God desires me to be.  I am not that person today.  The people in my life that I expect so much from...they're not the people God desires them to be either...YET.  That perfection comes in heaven.  But I know that tomorrow I will be just a little bit closer.  And so will the people in my life that are seeking God's will.
2. I am offering spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God.  Wow.  But how acceptable are they when they come straight from my lips or body?  The reason they are acceptable in God's sight is that Jesus makes them acceptable.  That final phrase says "through Jesus Christ."  It's an important part to notice!  Thank you to my high priest!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Awesome, girl!! Thanks for posting this encouraging Word. :-)